Sunday, November 23, 2008

more mitts

I keep knitting mittens that aren't in my cue, and not getting other stuff started. Oh well, it's winter!

I was thinking of just whipping up a simple pair of mittens to go with my scarf and calorimetry, but then I saw this Icewine pattern which I had already saved on my computer (in my days before Ravelry). I've never done 2-stranded knitting, so I thought I would give it a try. Also, my daughter Grace encouraged me, so I started them and boy! was it hard at first. But eventually I got the hang of it. Then I noticed that further up some of the floats would go over 15 stitches! Eeek! is that legal? By wonderful coincidence, I read Michelle's Always Casting On post about these very mittens. So I contacted her and she assured me it was okay, just keep the floats loose. Thanks Michelle!



I've also cast one the One Skein A Stole scarf, which designed for one skein of Noro sock yarn, which is just what I have:



FOs: Here's my hemlock ring blanket all pinned out an drying (should be done by tomorrow). I love it.



Ralph scarf is done, it just needs a little blocking:



Secret Santa mitts are nearly done, but I done have a updated picture. By the end of this week Christmas knitting should be totally finished!

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf