Sunday, April 11, 2010

More FOs and new WIPs

I have been making some progress lately. I finally finished my Shetland Tea Shawl, and it turned out beautifully, IMHO:





I knit this baby Ski Sweater, designed by Glenna C for her steeking class.



It was quick (or would have been if I had made fewer mistakes), and now I'm itching to do some more two-stranded knitting (I have plans to plunge in after I take a class at the Knitter's Frolic on choosing colours).

I also knit up Mousie, my second project out of Whimsical Little Knits, for Miko's book challenge. 7 more to go.




So some new project on the needles. In four days I knit up the first sleeve of Silvi, for Maria. I had lots of gauge problems, but this time my gauge was too tight, rather than too loose. So I'm knitting the S size, hopping it will end up nice and fitted, which is what Maria wants. I love how fast this knits up. Also, the pattern wisely suggests knitting all the boring bits first (sleeves and front panels) before getting lost in cables, flowers, and lots of charts. Good way to keep motivated.

And last night I cast on a pair of socks, using the yarn I used for the Leyburn socks and then frogged a couple of months ago. Those were toe-up, these are Cookie A's cuff-down Sunshine, from Sock Innovation.

I'm still working on the Oblique sweater, with both sleeves over 60% done. And I'm finally back on the Forest Path Stole. I'm on tier 16. Lots of people stop after 19 tiers, but I think I may do the full 23. We'll see.

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf