Saturday, February 13, 2010

No Knitting Olypmics

Since I had surgery the day of the Opening Ceremonies, I decided not to join any knitting Olympics groups (Ravelry, or Yarn Harlot). I feel a little sad about it, because it would have been a good way to get more connected to the on-line knitting community. But it just didn't seem practical.

I'm feeling much better today than I expected (though yesterday was pretty rough), so I think I will set an Olympic goal: to finish the Shetland Tea Shawl. A truly Olympic goal would be to finish Forest Path, but I'm not that insane. The Tea Shawl is challenge enough. Fortunately (or not, depending on one's point of view), I'm still working reduced hours, so I'll have plenty of time to watch. Also, we get four cable stations that are covering the events, all showing different things. So while it might be hard sometimes to decide what to watch, there's sure to always be something I'm interested it Least favourite: snowboarding, mogul skiing, short track speed skating, and ice dancing–hmm, see a traditionalist tendency here? Favourites: curling, long track speed skating, figure skating (though I miss the actual "figures" they used to have to skate; and I like the costuming less and less) and just about everything else:)

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf