Thursday, January 14, 2010

Delurker day and whatever

Apparently today is Delurker Day, and since I am a lurking addict, I posted a comment at one blog, and then decided to come here to blog something.

I've been knitting a fair amount, but I haven't felt like blogging, probably because Maria is still wiped out by mono and it's depressing. Fortunately her teachers have been very accommodating and helping her to keep up.

Although I've been trying restrict my WIPs to 3 or 4, I did cast on another lace project: the Shetland Tea Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. I'm using the suggested needle size, and I consider myself a loose knitter, but it sure doesn't look like it's going to be anywhere near as large as the pattern says. But the truth will be in the blocking. Here's a not very good picture of what I've done so far:



I'm also working the Leyburn socks.



These are my first toe-up socks, and so far, I am not impressed. I think I made the foot too long, but I couldn't be sure until I had knit up the heel. With cuff-down socks, if the foot ends up too long, all you have to do is rip out the toe. I really don't want to rip out the heel, especially as it was a short-row heel, and I hate short rows. Oh, well, the pattern is pretty, though annoying to knit, and I will do the second one. No "one sock syndrome" for me!

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf