Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm back . .

not that anyone cares. It's hard to be a blogger no one reads. It's even harder to blog about things that are tough to write about. Though, it could be easier in some cases, knowing no one reads difficult stuff.

Anyway, my father-in-law died about two months after my last post, and blogging has been a complete non-priority for me. I did miss it. Although my Ravelry page has met my knitting-record needs, other stuff has been completely neglected.

Like the acquisition of our new cat, Boo Radley:





The humans in the house all adore him, but Kisa is still adjusting. There have been some massive battles, but I hope things will work out eventually.

Of course, I've done lots knitting since then. Too much to record here, but here's a summary of what I've finished since then: 4 sweaters, 1 dress, 5 shawls, 3 pairs of socks, 2 hats, 1 pair of mittens. At the beginning of the summer I started the Forest Path Stole:



I'm working on tier 10. Obviously, this is going to take a long time.

I've almost finished the Tomten Jacket for my niece, Miranda. I'll post pictures when it's finished, which won't be until I've taken a class on grafting in December. After I graft the hood, I just have to add the i-cord and maybe a zipper (or buttons).

I'm making the Lilly of the Valley Scarf from Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia. This is for my co-worker Jill, who is just too generous for words. Time to give back a little.

I'm finishing the second of two garter stitch scarves made out of Malabrigo worsted. Very yummy to knit. They are gifts for Miranda's parents:





I'm determined to finish all that's current, except for Forest Path, before I start new projects. I have lots of sweaters in my queue I want to begin.

Well, Tom and I are off for a walk by the lake, to enjoy what may be the last nice weekend for a while.

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf