Thursday, September 25, 2008

I still don't have my computer back, and the house is too disrupted to block the FOs, so no pictures. I'm almost done with Maria's Tree Jacket. I've been having a terrible time with the sleeves. Knit according to the pattern, they're way too wide, so I've been adding a lot of decreases, but I'm still not totally happy. But Maria says they're okay, and I'm sick of the sweater, so I'm letting it go.

One of the things I like about knitting is I'm always learning something. I'm on my second version of the Celtic Cable scarf, this one for my sister-in-law, and I decided to learn to do the cables without a cable needle. I knew how to do it, but I didn't feel confident enough. But it's going great. The yarn is really sticky, so there's almost no chance of dropping stitches.

I'm still knitting on Tom's tiny-stitch socks (I hate them, but they must be done).

Oh, and I successfully completed my TIFF one-row scarf, more or less within the time-frame of the festival. Turned out great, but needs to be washed.

I frogged my Victorian shawl, and will start again sometime with a smaller size, stickier needle.

Pictures will come at a later date.

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf