Saturday, July 5, 2008

Romni sale!

I promised my daughters I would spend less than $1000 at the yarn sale, and I was successful! Actually, it was less than $200: only $125 in fact. So, pictures of the pretty.

First up is Misti Alpaca Lace; so soft and lovely. I'm hoping it will be stickier than the lace/merino I'm currently knitting and crying over as it slips off my needles.



Next is Araucania Ranco Solid, which I pegged as a sportweight, but Ravelry says is fingering. I want to make a big warm stole with it (probably from Folk Shawls). I hope it will work.



On to Kid Silk Haze, which I've never knit with. It's for a scruffle for Maria from The Knitter's Book of Yarn, after I make one for my mother-in-law for Christmas.



This is Malabrigo lace yarn. Soooo soft and pretty. Icarus? Swallowtail? I'm really struggling with picking the right shawl patterns for all the lace yarn I have.



This is the first skein ofNoro yarn I've ever bought. I generally find their colourways too extreme. But these colours are perfect for me, and in the sock-weight I can turn it into a neck scarf.



Finally, two cheap skeins of cotton for stitch practice/dishclothes:

.

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf