Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some WIPs

I'm holiday this week (not going anywhere), so hopefully some of these WIPs will be FOs soon, but until then, let's take a look.

These are "Queen of Cups" from Knitty.com. The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy, and it's the best pairing of yarn and pattern I've ever done. The color changes are highlighted beautifully by the stitch pattern. These will be done soon, and now that the heat wave it over I might even get to wear them:





I'm also closing in the the end of "Luna Moth." I've done 3 repeats and plan on one or two more, depending on how the yarn holds out. I'm using worsted weight wool from Beaverslide Dry Goods. It's lovely to knit with: vibrant colour and it's full of lanolin, so I moisturize as I knit!




Finally, the "Celtic Cables Scarf" which I'm knitting for my brother for Christmas. I'll be doing a matching one for his wife (in red). the wool is Briggs & Little Regal, and it's really scratchy. I hope it will soften up with washing (please, please, please). Great for knitting cables, though. Those stitches stay exactly where you put them.




Now I'm off to finish weaving in the ends on my Clapotis (oh boy!).

No comments:

 
Toronto Knit Blogs
Powered By Ringsurf